From:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 14:34:19 -0500
Tim, I divided my grading into 3 main areas and let the teams decided
the weighting of the individual assignments. So I have Individual
Performance, Teamwork and Comprehensive Assessment. There are 4 items
including iRAT's under Individual Performance. I set the minimum of 50
points for any area but they have 280 points to share between the items.
Their are 3 items under team Performance and they have 500 points to
share between them (with a minimum of 100 for any item). The
comprehensive assessment is comprised of the mid term, final and
professor rating with a minimum of 50 points and 220 to share.

It usually takes half of the first class day for them to agree on the
grade weights.

--

Herb Coleman,Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology

---Professor Melvin Tolson
    from the motion picture "The Great Debaters"