From:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Team-Based Learning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:25:19 -0600
Rosalind, I echo Larry's comments (since learned the format from him)
with one addition I give my team a decision problem with real world
implications. Then I ask them to make a choice and to back it up with at
least 3 fact or theories form the text, one additional psychological
theory, one cultural theory and one personal example (each individual
will have written a journal on the topic a week before).

When we fishbowl it I have them indicate their decision on the board
then we discuss the particulars. I try to get them reach a consensus but
on a couple of occasions they could not come to an agreement before the
period ended and we had been discussing it for 45-min to an hour (that's
the last time I try to solve the abortion debate :^).

--

Herb Coleman,Director
Instructional Computing and Technology

---Professor Melvin Tolson
    from the motion picture "The Great Debaters"