From:
Anthony Mento <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony Mento <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 11:53:15 -0400
Hello,
I have been using TBL in my MBA and EMBA case-based management courses since Sept. 2011.  I feel the process leads to more learning and interesting discussions than the  previous Harvard type class case discussion process that I followed.  After using a typical case discussion approach for the past 30 years, I am very excited with the TBL process.

I am having an extremely difficult time writing good MCQs for the RATs.  My questions tend to be too picky and mostly identification.  Is there a framework to follow that can provide a systematic approach to writing good MCQs?  I don’t seem to be getting better over time.  I am aware of the backward design approach for developing RAT questions but am finding it near impossible to implement.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.  For a typical 15 week course, I have  5 RATs (20 MCQs each)  for 5 modules covering 100-150 pages /module.

Thanks,

Tony Mento

________
Dr. Tony Mento