From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:52:15 -0500
Jennifer,

At the very least, of course, you can cut the form number off the bottom.  But you may be worried about students doing "pattern recognition" so here's how some folks deal with that:

They do not use the whole IF-AT form on a given test (i.e., they may cut a 50 item form into five pieces and use it to give five, 10 item tests).

Then--here's the diabolical part--they cut the numbers off the side, so students don't know which range of items from the original form is being used.

You can cut the numbers of and leave enough space to write numbers back in.  (i.e., from the original IF-AT form, you may slice off the numbers 10-20, but for the purposes of *this* test, the students can hand-write in the 1-10 in the little space left over.)

You have to keep good track of things for yourself, but it does give you lots of options.

-M