From:
Judy Paterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judy Paterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2012 18:36:10 +1200
Hi again

I put a message on the listserve a while ago asking for people who use TBL in any of the quantitative sciences (by this I mean any sciences or applications of science where students need to develop the ability to work with mathematica, statistical, computer based, engineering concepts - or wider if you think this is an area you work in)

I received some emails in response - thanks very much. But there don't seem to be all that many of us which puzzles me - our students in maths are very enthusiastic about the courses that are now structured using TBL principles. And I know there are engineers who are using these ideas.

Are there any more people who would like to have a time set aside to discuss using TBL in one of these subjects? If you want to and are going to be in San Diego please email me now and I will ask for a time slot and we can use it as we wish - we could share ideas by email and then get together to build on what comes in? How does that sound?

Thanks very much

Judy

Mathematics Education Unit
Department of Mathematics