From:
"Zoghby, Kathy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zoghby, Kathy
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:45:49 -0500
Hello everyone,

This is my second semester of using TBL in my non-science major Human Genetics course.  I have a student that has basically refused to get on board, so to speak, and has made life miserable for her team, in spite of many conversations and meetings with her and the team.  Today she stormed out of the classroom and said she was withdrawing from the class.  The rest of the team could not have been happier, and they have now said that if she changes her mind they do not want her back!  So, I am at a loss and have no idea what I do with this - one, I might get pressure from the administration to let her take the course without being a part of the team (hopefully not likely, but what if) and two - if she does come back - what do I do?  There are 7 weeks left in our semester.

I appreciate any words of wisdom.  I realize the TBL conference is going on in New Orleans right now - wish I could have made it. Hopefully next year.

Kathy Zoghby