From:
Molly Espey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Molly Espey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:26:34 -0400
Has anyone quantitatively analyzed how various components of a team contribute to team success?  I'm interested in those components that we as teachers might have access to information about the students BEFORE forming teams:  gpa, gender, class level, age, in-state versus out-of-state, major.

I'm also curious:  is it common or not for faculty to have access to this sort of information about students enrolled in their classes?  We have something called the "Student Data Warehouse for Teaching Faculty" that provides lots of data but just about students enrolled in your classes for the current semester (available shortly before the semester starts in easy to use Excel format).

Thanks in advance for any responses!!

Molly Espey, Professor
Applied Economics and Statistics
263 Barre Hall