From:
Bill Goffe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:48:21 -0400
I'm using TBL for the second year, and I must say that I enjoy it; I'm
even doing a study of its effectiveness by comparing a traditionally
taught class with a TBL class.

As part of seeing how I might improve how I use it, I came across "split
answers" http://teambasedlearning.apsc.ubc.ca/?page_id=72#q13 for team
RATS. Last year I used IF-AT cards for team RATs and really liked how they
give immediate feedback, but I found that often the teams didn't discuss
the material as much as I would have liked. Thus, split answers seem like
one thing I should add, but I also like the idea of immediate feedback
after a question is done. Is there a way to do immediate feedback with
split answers? It would seem to involve IF-AT cards, but they're really
for what what one might call "progressive" answering (scratch off A, if
not A, then discuss some more, etc.).

          - Bill

         | Bill Goffe                 [log in to unmask]     |
         | Department of Economics    voice: (315) 312-3444     |
         | SUNY Oswego                fax:   (315) 312-5444     |
         | 416 Mahar Hall             http://cook.rfe.org       |
         | Oswego, NY  13126                                    |
| "Not only is it a tough circuit but the weather (notably in 2001 and      |
| 2002) can be horrendous with freezing rain, snow, thunder and blustery    |
| winds to cope with. If it's clear skies, then temperatures might be below |
| freezing first thing in the morning then climb to over 35c on the climbs  |
| later in the day. In 2007 it reached 39c [102F] at 3pm on Alpe d'Huez."   |
|  -- a description of "La Marmotte Cyclosportive," a tough bike ride in    |
|     the Alps. In 110 miles one climbs some 17,000 feet.                   |
|     http://www.gastrobiking.com/cyclosportive/marmotte.html               |