From:
Richard Hake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 17:18:01 -0700
My previous posts "Academic Discussion Lists: Faculty Lounges,
Short-Term  Working Memories, or Academic Journals?" [Hake (2009a,b)]
received near zero response.

I infer that most subscribers to Academic Discussion Lists prefer
posts that convey the casual conversation of a faculty lounge rather
than the academic formality appropriate to the enhancement of a
collective short-term working memory.

Since denizens of the Blogosphere may be more enthusiastic about
upgrading a collective short-term working memory, I've placed a
considerably improved version [Hake (2009a)  of my previous posts on
my blog  at
<http://hakesedstuff.blogspot.com/2009/05/academic-discussion-lists-faculty.html>.

Since there's provision for comments at that site, I'd be very
interested in any input thereon regarding, e.g.:

(a) the preferred nature of academic discussion lists, and/or

(b) my curmudgeonly list of perceived weaknesses of the ADLsphere.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Honorary Member, Curmudgeon Lodge of  Deventer, The Netherlands.
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake/>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi/>
<http://HakesEdStuff.blogspot.com/>