From:
"K. Hoff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Hoff
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:59:39 -0500
I'd like to thank Richard Hake for pointing out the archives search.  By
reading some past posts, I had many questions answered--even questions I
didn't know I had yet ;)

I'd like to ask two more questions:

1.  In high school, I have students dropping/moving away/moving in all
year long (and far more leaving than coming in).  What do you do if a
group gets too small?  I can anticipate the complaints from both
students and parents about a group with only 3 or 4 members while all of
the other groups have 6.

2.  About weighting the different components of the class (individual
RAT, team RAT, etc.):  I KNOW I will have parents complaining if team
RATs are 10% in one class and 15% in another, especially if they are
just different sections of the same class.  Do you think I should just
set something that is reasonable?  Or should I have the process of
choosing the weights take place over several days, until I can get
agreement between all sections of the same class?

Karen Hoff