From:
Karen Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:11:34 +0000
I just came upon an amazing tool that I wanted to share. Many of you may be familiar with the TED website that is filled with talks from very exciting people from many disciplines. They have created a tool called TEDed. You can go here to see it and take a tour: http://ed.ted.com/

Basically this tool lets you take any TED or YouTube video,even one that you create and post,  and use it in a lesson that you create. In the about section of this tool it describes what is being called "Flipped Teaching," which is really what TBL is at its heart, spending class time applying ideas.  I think the possibilities for TBL are endless. It will let you add questions and web resources.

I created a lesson for the first day of class and it was really easy to use.

Enjoy,
Karen

Dr. Karen Milligan, Associate Professor
Box 71874