From:
Michael Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:17:15 -0800
Midway between Camtasia and Jing is Snagit. There is no time restriction on
video length, unlike Jing, but it does not have the sophisticated editing
options that Camtasia has. That also means that it is relatively easy to master.

I use a very nifty program called Prezi to create my presentations. Prezi
would be used instead of Powerpoint. Prezi's differentiating characteristic
is that it zooms in, zooms out, and moves from screen to screen, so the
videos automatically have a lot of motion.

I like to make concept maps and it is easy to make them in Prezi. The nice
thing about concept maps in Prezi is that it makes it visually obvious what
is a bit of detail and what is more significant.

(I used to have my students create concept maps as assignments and tests,
pre-TBL. I no longer do that. But I do find that my students appreciate
working with the concept maps that I create for them in the videos.)