From:
Michael Gholam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 01:43:28 +0200
Hi all,
This is my response to Michael Sweet.
Stay well
Michael Gholam
Lebanon

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Gholam [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:33 AM
To: 'Sweet, Michael S'
Subject: RE: Peer Evaluations ("Hold the Peevishness!")

Hi Michael,

I like your way of dodging the "Peevishness and gaming the system", but the
fact remains that all will decide to give each other "positive"
"appreciations and requests" knowing that would lead to your bump. If
students want to game the system, they will.  It is a matter of personal
integrity. Besides, I would forfeit upgrading or downgrading the group
performance grade if I informally find that the points given to one member
do not "correlate" with the progress as seen by their individual RAT's. If I
see equal grades allocated to all and collective improvement in individual
scores, I would consider giving the exact group grade to all. I am not
saying that correlating iRat's with points allocated to each individual is
the perfect solution, but it can be an indicator. I also would observe from
time to time how groups are wprking at application tasks or a culminating
group task, and also conduct an informal corroborative investigation.
Michael Gholam
Lebanon