From:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 09:41:10 -0800
Hi

I agree with Susan

When we transform our courses....often the only assessment instrument that
can give us longitudinal data is the old exams. We add to that perhaps some
survey of student attitudes/beliefs after the change in the new course
configuration.

Trouble is that old exams are often stuck at lower bloom's levels and really
don't measure all those OTHER cool things students learn in the TBL
classroom....interpersonal communication, self-regulation, metacognition

I still like to see these studies....but would love a study that does some
broader assessments of outcomes.....I am in the process of hatching a SoTL
project that might get us some better data on the effects of TBL

My two cents :-)

Jim