From:
"McHugh, Kristie (NBCC - Saint John)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McHugh, Kristie (NBCC - Saint John)
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:44:04 -0300
Last year, I had a student in my math class who needed the “wordy” questions read to him plus longer time to complete the weekly 15 MC iRAT. Since our class started directly after lunch, my solution was to get him to come to class early by 10-15 minutes. I gave him my iPhone with a voice memo containing my pre-reading of the questions and he simply brought his own headphones which also acted like ear plugs. He was always done at the same time as the other students and never missed any part of the class or announcements etc. Luckily, this fella was super honest so I had no iPhone issues and he liked being in that position of trust but I will use a voice recorder this year if I have other students with issues.

Kristie McHugh
Instructor - Pre Science, Electrical, Plumbing and Fuels Technician
New Brunswick Community College

950 Grandview Avenue Saint John, NB E2J 4C5
Tel: 506-658-2713 | Fax: 506-643-2853
[log in to unmask] | www.nbcc.ca

College Works. Make it work for you.