From:
Erica Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erica Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2012 05:56:07 -0700
Hi Paige,

Not sure how many sociologists are on the list. I think I'm the only active
one (but I also have a bad memory, soooo...!!)

I suggest picking up a copy of the "Team based learning in the social
sciences and humanities" that came out last year. Excellent resource.

Start by figuring out what you want them to do with the theory. I think its
a good course for TBL and I think I have a couple TBL or other kinds of
activities that can be converted from my theory section in intro. I have a
buddy who is dabbling in TBL and I think he teaches theory - I'll check into
that.

I haven't taught theory but I have taught theory heavy courses (sexualities
comes to mind). I can send some materials over if you want to message me
offlist (I'm at work now and don't have things with me).

Erica