From:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 07:41:24 -0800
If I did meet with the student.....I would spend most of the time asking about how they prepared

I still find it painful to see the students that put in lots of time....but have no idea how to study

Comments like "I kept re-reading it and i just wouldn't sink in" are typical

If you can get them making notes, concept maps and diagrams as they read...some of these problems might go away

Students don't always get the idea of turning an inert piece of information on the page to an active thought in your head is the important transformation

Jim Sibley

Sorry for brief message -sent from my iPad