From:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 18:10:13 +0000
Hi Keri

We had the same issue with our group of 300 students ~30 of whom had registered extra time requirements that equated to an extra 20 minutes per hour in an exam.

Our 15 item MCQ tests were 20 minutes so we extended this to 25 minutes for all students which is consistent with our Uni regs.  This meant we could run the tests without students with such needs being treated differently.  One or two complained that it was unfair as all students had the benefit of the extra time but the majority were happy with the process.  What happens in practice is that most students finish early!

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) Health Studies
Faculty of Health, Education & Society
University of Plymouth
Knowledge Spa
Truro