From:
"Sibley, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sibley, Jim
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:23:59 -0700
Hi Kent

Some instructor do not grade team exercises....some do

If your activities uses a team worksheet....i.e a series of activities and choices....then you can have the team provide some short rationale for their decisions....might just mark that they did it....not specifically the quality of the thinking....hopefully any variables in quality are addressed in reporting discussion

Some people do the reflective kind of "one minute paper" with a question like maybe "what is the most importnat thing you learned?".....again you might just checked that it is done....not specifically the quality

I have one instructor who does this kind of thing....but only looks at them if a student with 79....comes at course end and wants 80

In a lot of our courses....the activities are ungraded

Hope that helps

Jim Sibley
Centre for Instructional Support
Faculty of Applied Science