From:
Dianne York <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dianne York <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 03:10:37 -0700
Although I can see David's point that it might be interesting to see what would
happen, I would form new teams. One advantage I see to TBL is that students
are able to practice the dynamics of teambuilding and learn to work with new
people. In the real world teams may last longer than 15 weeks but they are
often fluid with new members joining, and others leaving. Plus the average
worker changes employers frequently. I like to think I'm helping the students
practice the interpersonal skills they need to succeed in the future. A change of
teammates at the start of the next semester would allow them to do that.

Dianne York, M.S., MT(ASCP)
Lecturer, Biology
Lincoln University, PA