From:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Herb Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:12:20 -0500
Lisa, by averaging peer review scores I've noted that one person's low
(or high) ratings doesn't alter the rest of the team's ratings
significantly. I also ask on my peer reviews to justify ratings. I often
provide feedback both to the one doing the rating and the one being
rated. My class also gives me Instructor review points. They usually
decide between 60 an 200 points out of 1000. This gives me the ability
to balance final grades if there has been some factionalism occurring.
For example, I have one team that likes to meet outside of class. One
member can't make it but she always provides input and helps on the
T-RAT's. I suspect by the end of the term I may need to adjust for her
lower peer ratings.
BTW approx 60% of my A students earned their grade without my Instructor
points (when my points are 100 or less).

--

Herb Coleman,Ph.D
Dir. Instructional Computing and Technology

---Professor Melvin Tolson
    from the motion picture "The Great Debaters"