From:
Sandy Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:44:57 +0800
Dear Duane,

I agree with Mary - the use of the RATs (and having them count) are huge motivators for people to come in prepared - and making sure everyone is on the same page before the team project begins (application).  Without that portion of TBL - you cannot be assured that students will prepare - or at least be ready to work on the problems.

I also agree that separating the RAT from the Project/application is a reasonable way to manage time.  In fact, if you need more than one RATs before people work on an application - that should be ok - the basic premise is that the students should have all the skills/information necessary to solve the problem before you start - and if they don't - they are not yet prepared.

I also agree - that the peer evaluation should be broader than just right answer, but helping to learn and understand the pre-work as well as solving the problem is important.

Sandy COOK, PhD | Senior Associate Dean, Curriculum Development |
Medical Education, Research, and Evaluation (MERE) |
Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore | Khoo Teck Puat Building | 8 College Road Singapore |169857 |
W: (65) 6516 8722| F: (65) 6227 2698 |
email: [log in to unmask] | web:  http://www.duke-nus.edu.sg;

Administrative Executive: Belinda Yeo | [log in to unmask] | 6516-8511

Important:  This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you.