From:
Don McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:56:59 -0700
The model looks interesting. It is a bit hard to interpret, though. It
would help me if you labeled each of the arrows--like in a concept map.
I don't know if the arrows in your diagram mean "leads to," "causes,"
"influences," or if different arrows mean different things.

By the way, "introjection" has a very specific, already established
meaning in clinical psychology. If I remember correctly, it is not
considered a healthy psychological process. I'd suggest a different
word (one less loaded with meanings other than the one you want to
convey), or just saying "the process by which other's opinions of you
become a motivational force."

- Don
-------
Don McCormick, Ph.D, Associate Professor
University of Redlands School of Business
1200 E. Colton Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373-0999
http://newton.uor.edu/FacultyFolder/DMcCormick

"The end of all education should surely be service to others." -
Cesar E. Chavez