From:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2014 07:13:28 +0000
We have students who need extra time, separate room and sometimes a reader and TBL has not hindered this in any way.

For the extra time our University regs. allow us to,build in extra time for all students so this is what we do and it works well.  We allow 25 minutes for 13 test questions and this includes 5 minutes extra time.  This seems to have been enough time but we have only run TBL for two years so I would also welcome hearing from others about the time allowed.  In our experience the majority of the students complete well within this time.  We allow 40 minutes for the team tests but typically teams finish earlier.

I organise the separate rooms/reader through our exam office and this works well.  We can do this as our tests form the summative assessment.  The start time for our students is usually 1000 and 9.15 for those in separate room etc. which gives them time to do the test and then get to the room to join their team in time for the team test.

I run five groups simultaneously across two geographical locations and so far we have not had problems with this.  However for the first time, this year we have had one instance of cheating!   Has anyone else had this?

Best wishes

Jenny

Dr Jenny Morris
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer) Health Studies
Faculty of Health & Human Sciences
Plymouth University
Knowledge Spa
Truro