From:
Lion Gardiner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:11:34 -0400
Jenny:

I have used both names and codes in TBL folders for two undergraduate
courses, a graduate course, and faculty workshop series. I do not recall
ever hearing a complaint about the numbers or names.

I now use only student generated codes, but in every class at least one
team will write in their names later on, which simplifies their (and my)
work. But I don't suggest it to them.

I used to type the codes (or, earlier, names) into the Record Form, but
then I had the epiphany that the students can do this with a lot less
effort than I can and with little loss in effectiveness.

I have attached samples of the Record Forms I use in my courses. The
teams record all scores and totals, except for the last ApEx which I
enter after the course is over (taken at the last meeting of the
course). The Record Form, together with the Attendance Record, Appeal
Forms, and a small table to convert RAT scores of, say, 7 out of 8
items, to percentages are placed in the team folder by the second or
third meeting of the course and remain there for the duration of the
semester.

Lion Gardiner

Lion F. Gardiner, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences