From:
"Smiley-Oyen, Ann [KIN]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Smiley-Oyen, Ann [KIN]
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:39:11 +0000
I give six RATs and drop the lowest at the end of the semester. (This is to address those who wake up on the day of a RAT and are ill, or have a car accident, or whatever.) However, I've learned not to tell them at the beginning of the semester that I am going to drop the lowest.

The other thing I do, if they have an excused absence and tell me in advance, I allow them to take the RAT before they leave town, and then I give their team a hard copy of that absent person's answers so they have the advantage of that person's answers. Thus, this person gets their iRAT score as well as their team's RAT score.

Ann Smiley-Oyen, PhD
Associate Professor, Kinesiology/Neuromotor Control
Department of Kinesiology
244 Forker
Ames, IA 50011