From:
Gary Kapelus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Kapelus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:45:39 -0400
In our course, each week students complete their RAT prior to class using a 20-question online quiz in Blackboard. When they redo this quiz for the GRAT in class, students are offered the opportunity to increase their own personal RAT score by 50% of the difference between their RAT and GRAT if that is higher.

We have found that the teams are much more serious about doing well on the GRAT and, in fact, many teams do score better than their individual RAT results. So, each week provides them with clear proof that working together and helping each other on the GRAT offers a distinct advantage over doing this alone.
Gary Kapelus MBA DSP
Professor and Coordinator, Interprofessional Education
Faculty of Community Services and Health Sciences
George Brown College of Applied Arts and Technology
200 King St. E., Room 721
Toronto, ON M5T 2T9
Tel: (416) 415-5000 Ext 3508
Cell: (416) 450-8083