Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:46:17 -0400
One thing I do that many students have expressed appreciatation for is to
write a lot on the board.  If I have a multiple choice application
question, I write it down, which also gives them the time to think through
it individually as they are writing it down.

I teach economics, so a lot ends up being graphical or mathematical, so
again, in working through both right and wrong choices, I'll draw graphs
and explain orally.  I try to be sure to write key points on the board to
summarize any particularly involved questions.

I also often find myself after class wanting to reorganize the thoughts
from the day and will do so, then use that as the launching point for the
next class.

Molly Espey
Clemson University