From:
Francis Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francis Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:13:20 -0700
Hello fellow TBLers

We have had some excellent discussions here about whether to (and how
to) assess team work. This is excellent formative assessment - that is,
measuring to what degree individuals and teams are mastering concepts,
and working as teams, with results helping both students and instructors
determine how well the learning is going.

But, I wonder if anyone has incorporated team work into evaluative
assessments - ie final exams? For example, has anyone included exam
questions in which students work as teams for a fixed amount of time,
then go back to their test papers to respond to questions based on work
done on the spot in teams?

There may be notes in the references but I thought I would poll the
collective wisdom first.

Cheers, Francis