From:
Bill Goffe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:21:46 -0400
These students would seem to be what William Perry and related researchers
label "received knowers." I came across this in pp. 42+ of Ken Bain's
"What the Best College Teachers Do." In that section, he describes
students' intellectual development (this is the lowest one). A very quick
Google search yielded this on these ideas:
http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~rapaport/perry.positions.html . At least at a
casual level, it does seem to describe a lot of what we see.

   - Bill

--
Bill Goffe
Department of Economics