From:
Erica Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erica Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:46:38 -0400
I've had luck doing a midsemester eval where students rated each team
member on a likert like scale for some criteria we developed and then they
were asked to provide a) strengths/contributions of the member and b)
areas they could improve on. We then typed up the results so each person
got individual feedback that was semi-private (they knew what their team
was saying, but couldn't figure it out from handwriting). I did it again
at the end of the term and a lot of teams did improve b/c of the feedback
(the quiet spoke up more, the loud quieted down and listened more). But
that was with 2 instructors and 4 teams of 6-7. It would be doable if you
have a smaller class, TAs OR some time to commit to it. I decided not to
use that format for my 110 enrollments this semester.

Erica

--
Erica Hunter
PhD Candidate