From:
John Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:40:52 -0700
Greetings, All!

I’ve been learning about TBL on my own since last April by reading the book,
Team-Based Learning (2002).  I'm so glad I have this book in my hands!  For
one thing, TBL is a ready-made solution to the goal and problem of
differentiating instruction.

First, anybody on this listserv using TBL in a high school?  Please tell about
your experience, or if you can, point me to an archived post that does.  My
search on "high school" turned up 58 messages, but not in the subject line,
and the one I did open wasn't related. All I've read is from the context of
college teaching, but I don't see any significant obstacle to applying the TBL
method to juniors and seniors in high school.

Second, anybody on the listserv currently doing this in physics, especially high
school?  Or other science?  I'd like to get acquainted with you!

I've been teaching for 17 years, and the last 12 have been in Physics. My high
school has around 700 students. This year, I'll have 4 physics classes, about
20-25 students per class, and an AP Physics C class of about 15 students.

Sincerely,
John