From:
Tim Connors <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Connors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:42:48 -0400
Jennifer,

I haven't used a traditional text in my theatre history courses for several years relaying instead on excerpts and condensed version of my lecture notes.  I have been very happy with this and have not had any student complaints.

As for Wikis, I'm going to give them a try this Fall.  Each team will be responsible for two Wikis (one dealing with a play read by everyone in the class and the second with a movement/"ism").  Students not on the teams creating each Wiki will be required to ask questions/post comments on each Wiki.  I've not worked with Wikis before so I expect it to fall somewhere between "crash-and-burn" and "glorious success."

Tim

On Jul 13, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Jennifer Imazeki wrote:

> I've been wondering about this issue as well, especially since I won't
> be using a traditional textbook. I had been planning to use something
> like the powerpoints Lori mentioned. But one idea I'm kicking around
> is using a wiki and having the students 'create' the notes themselves.
> Has anyone done anything like that? Even if you haven't, do you think
> it would work?
>
> Jennifer
> ****************************
> Jennifer Imazeki