From:
Gail Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gail Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 2016 08:48:44 -0800
Hello to the listserve -  I am so pleased to find this -  I have been teaching using TBL ever since I attended one of Larry's very first workshops, while he was at Oklahoma (I think).  I am collecting some data about my TBL course and looking for literature/research done on these questions and not knowing where to go to find any of this.  I know that you would be the best ones to help me with these questions and would really like your input.

1.        Is TBL an effective way to teach interdisciplinary education in the health professions?  Can we achieve goals of interprofessional education (required by accrediting agencies of the health professions) through non-clinical means, such as TBL courses which require high-stakes decision making and team building?
2.       Do students who achieve high change from IRAT scores to GRAT scores actually learn from the process?  Would a repeat of the IRAT show a score similar to the GRAT score?