From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:25:47 -0500
Jiuhua,

Dan Robinson here at UT taught Statistics using TBL a few years ago.

In my view, he figured out a great sequence of:

1)  Readiness Assurance based on concept recognition
2)  Introducing actual data/calculations in lecture
3)  Giving teams experience doing data calculation in "Team Games"
4)  Finishing each unit with an individual-then-team exam that required calculation.

It was really elegant.

I have taken the liberty of attaching his syllabus and copying him on this.

-M