From:
Dianne York <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dianne York <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 02:03:09 -0700
Dean,

Thank you for your comments. I believe you have a clear understanding of this
student's personality. She is sweet and does not openly challenge me in the
classroom. But she is very manipulative and stubborn in personal conversations with
me. I am having regular conversations with her and with her team to try to work
things out. We start a new unit next Thursday. That is her deadline to make
some improvement. She is now blaming her teammates, instead of taking any
responsibility for change. So I am doubtful.

We just did a peer evaluation 2 weeks ago, but I am considering giving the
forms to just her team to fill out on Tuesday next week, and then making a
decision from there.

Thoughts on that strategy?

Dianne York, M.S., MT(ASCP)
Lecturer, Biology