From:
Timothy Healy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timothy Healy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 18:29:36 -0700
I would agree with this if the questions are factual in nature.  However, if you are able to craft some "concept inventory" type questions, in which understanding is required, rather than raw facts, it might be quite interesting.  It is harder to write these questions, but it can be done, at least in some areas.   I am going to try that approach next Fall.

Tim Healy
Electrical Engineering
Santa Clara University

>>> "Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]> 5/28/2008 7:59 AM >>>
I haven't experimented with take-home iRATs, but I would have the same suspicions you do about students just looking up the answer and copies of the test going into files for later generations of students.

-M