From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 11:41:05 -0600
Wow, that's pretty rare in my experience and it feels like a lack of perceived accountability.

I guess the first thing I might try would be to switch to a random selection of *individual* members who are to report for each group.

So, you'd do something like this for all groups:  give everyone in the group a number (1-6) that is theirs for the rest of the semester.  When it comes time to report, you can say "OK, today, let's hear from team member #3!"

That way, when it gets to your squishy team, at least one person is "on the hook" in front of the rest of the class for reporting something.

Any other ideas?

-M