From:
Dean Parmelee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dean Parmelee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:46:55 -0400
Yikes!

I can't fathom how the university is doing its students any
good by allowing them to miss learning activities without
bona fide and documentable reasons!  Employers won't do that!
What gives?

Certainly at the professional school level, accountability has
to be there in the culture.  We just give a zero if someone misses
without an authorized excuse from Student Affairs (they keep a
log and require documentation for anything that sounds fishy -
like..." my grandmother just died" and it's the fourth time.

Sorry for being reflexive about this.  Dean