From:
Molly Espey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Molly Espey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:22:33 -0400
I tried it once, but the students did no better, perhaps worse.  I feel that instead of reading and trying to think about the material, they just mindlessly read and wrote as much as they could on their one sheet of paper, knowing they'd have access to the information during the RAT.  During the RAT then, they spent way too much time trying to find the "answers" in their notes rather than thinking about the questions.

Molly Espey
Applied Economics and Statistics
Clemson University