From:
Sophie Sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sophie Sparrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:49:10 -0400
Hi Kym,

I teach law students using TBL - happy to share ideas.
Feel free to contact me off list or by phone
numbers below.
Sophie

Sophie M. Sparrow
Professor of Law
Franklin Pierce Law Center
2 White Street
Concord, NH 03301
603-513-5205
603.225-9647 FAX

>>> Kym Sheehan <[log in to unmask]> 10/14/2008 2:07 AM >>>
Hi everyone

Is anybody using TBL for law subjects?

I will be teaching corporate law to accounting students in 2009 (March 09
start date) and hope to deploy TBL.

The difficulty I have at the moment with TBL is with the RATs, which seem to
be largely focussed on assessing readiness based upon the student and
group's understanding of concepts, rather than upon the mastery of detail,
which is typically what students are expected to master in their law subject
studies.

Anyone who teaches a subject that requires mastery of detail may be able to
help me on the RATs point.

cheers

Kym