From:
Elizabeth Oldland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elizabeth Oldland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2014 22:01:01 +0000
Hello
We require a medical certificate, or significant advance planning for an absence (for a legitimate reason), and on the judgement of the course leader. These students take an alternative test (20 minute MCQ) after the scheduled TBL session). Our experience is that absences are rare (hopefully because they find it so valuable but maybe because it is more effort to get a medical certificate and come into uni on a day off to do the make up test). As post graduate working health professionals, they are used to being accountable and, as Dean notes, this practice replicates the real world of work.
regards
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Oldland
Lecturer
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health
Deakin University, Melbourne Burwood Campus
Phone: 03 9244 6608 International: +61 3 9244 6608
Fax: 03 9244 6118 International: +61 3 9244 6118
email: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.deakin.edu.au/nursing
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B (Vic)