From:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Sibley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:31:35 -0700
There is a good article by brickell et al that looks at student-selected,
random and instructor-selected team performance

Instructor-selected outperforms random out performs student-selected....the
interesting part is by how much.....instructor/criterion selected teams just
slightly outperforms random....both of which outperform student-selected by
a lot

I think the real message is anything but student-selected

jim