From:
"Ross, Kathy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ross, Kathy
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:45:20 -0500
I've been thinking about the use of classroom response systems (aka
clickers
http://www.einstruction.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=HigherEd.Display&header
=HigherEd&content=engage) used along with team learning. Initially I was
wondering whether the clickers could substitute for paper for the R.A.T.
Now in reading Maureen's questions below, I am wondering they have some
other uses, such as allowing the simultaneous reporting she wants in
lieu of handing out cards.

The clickers seem to be a way to accomplish interaction and simultaneous
response even in larger classes, like Alice's Physicians Assistants, or
in classes with numbers in the hundreds. (I have not used them yet so I
am not speaking from experience. Our campus is just placing our orders
to get started with the clickers.) Have any of you tried combining that
technology with team learning?

Kathy

Kathy Ross, Ph.D.
Instructional Technologist
Center for Teaching, Learning & Assessment Indiana University Kokomo
2300 South Washington PO Box 9003 Kokomo, IN 46904-9003