From:
"Winter, Liz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Winter, Liz
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2013 15:09:54 -0400
Hi Katie,

I have had this before and have made arrangements with the student to come to our building and do the iRAT with one of our administrative staff 15 minutes before class and come into class as soon as they are finished.  The idea is to have a quiet space in most of the situations I have had or technology that reads questions aloud for students with vision problems (i.e. not technology only available at Disability Services).

Students have said this is acceptable to them and I have spoken with their Disability Services counselor on each occasion to see if it was acceptable from their perspective also.

Liz Winter, Ph.D., LSW
Academic Coordinator and Clinical Assistant Professor
Child Welfare Education for Leadership Program
School of Social Work
University of Pittsburgh

2327 Cathedral of Learning
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Phone: 412-648-2371
Fax:     412-624-1159

NOTICE: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by person or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.