From:
Judith Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judith Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2014 11:30:09 -0400
I teach a  one credit freshman seminar and have used TBL with varying
degrees of success. Today the class did application exercises based on
information provided in the syllabus and other documents.  One
application was on the Peer Feedback process, specifically what
constitutes a useful comment in responding to how a team member could
change their behavior to help the team.  In the course documents I
provided 4 criteria for a useful comment and in the application
exercise I provided 4 comments that teams needed to rank according to
how useful they were.  Another exercise asked them to identify the
most and least unacceptable classroom behavior, according to my
syllabus.
 I am just back from class and feeling pretty good!  These application
exercises really seemed to go well and I would be glad to share with
anyone who is interested.  Just contact me off list and let me know.
Cheers-
Judith

Judith S. Garrison, M.L.S.
Head of Reference & Instruction