From:
"Gersich, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gersich, Frank
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:10:44 -0500
I would have a section in my "Skill Development Activities" component of the course grade -- discussion of current  topics.  This could be defined as a 5- or 10-minute discussion of a current item.  I would give the teams the discussion prompt at the beginning of class and have them discuss and then report.  If you have primed that current events are valid discussion items, they have been "warned" or informed that they need to pay attention to real-life events.  One possibility is to use a posting on the course LMS or an email of what the topic is and the length of the discussion period the next day.

NOTE:  My Skill Development Activities includes, the RAT scores, team application exercises, team maintenance points (if the class decides this is preferred to other methods of group evaluation), and individually submitted homework items.

Frank