From:
Victor A Benassi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor A Benassi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2023 11:56:51 -0700
Dear Colleagues:

Our new free and downloadable Society for the Teaching of Psychology e-Book (Division 2, American Psychological Association) on applications of science of learning in education has just been published. We hope you find the information, ideas, and recommendations useful to you in your work.

Many of the approaches and interventions presented in the book are applicable to team-based learning—for example, readiness assurance quizzes and retrieval practice research and application.

Overson, C. E., Hakala, C. M., Kordonowy, L. L., & Benassi, V. A. (Eds.). (2023). In their own words: What scholars and teachers want you to know about why and how to apply the science of learning in your academic setting. Society for the Teaching of Psychology. https://teachpsych.org/ebooks/itow

The above book is a successor to our earlier volume:
Benassi, V. A., Overson, C. E., & Hakala, C. M. (Eds.) (2014). Applying science of learning in education: Infusing psychological science into the curriculum. Society for the Teaching of Psychology web site: http://teachpsych.org/ebooks/asle2014/index.php

Best,
Victor Benassi, University of New Hampshire, Emeritus Professor

Catherine Overson, University of New Hampshire, Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching and Learning

Chris Hakala, Springfield College, Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship

Lauren Kordonowy, University of New Hampshire, Center for Excellence and Innovation in Teaching and Learning