From:
"Davidson, Lindsay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davidson, Lindsay
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:24:26 -0400
We're just discussing developing a TBL session with undergraduate medical students entering clerkship and postgraduate residents who supervise them. The stimulus for this has been some nastiness about the dreaded "call" schedule and conflict that has arisen around it. We thought we'd bring them together in teams and present scenarios (from real life) that they'd have to address. Given the different perspectives there will clearly be more than one "right" answer and this may be a nice way to demonstrate this. The ultimate goal of the session will be to teach conflict resolution methods and effective communication in situations of team conflict and also to address the power hierarchy of medical trainee teams. Anyway, haven't done it yet but thought that it might also address the 'buy in' issue.

Lindsay Davidson M.D., M.Sc., M.Ed., FRCSC
Associate Professor, Pediatric Orthopaedics
Chair of Teaching and Learning,
School of Medicine Director Years 3 and 4,
Undergraduate MSK Course Director,
Queen's University, Kingston, Ont
(613)544-9626; Fax (866)-545-1519

This email may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete it from his or her computer.

Ce courriel peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez prendre note que la divulgation, la distribution ou la reproduction de cette communication sont strictement interdites. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez immédiatement en avertir l'expéditeur par retour de ce courriel, et supprimer la communication de votre ordinateur.