From:
"Sweet, Michael S" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sweet, Michael S
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:59:45 -0500
Hi Paul!

Are you going to be using the other pieces of Team-Based Learning (Readiness Assessment Tests, peer assessments, and so on?)

If not, then the format I am most familiar with similar to what you're doing is called "Workshop Biology" and there's been a great deal of work done with it by Dan Udovic at the University of Oregon.

If you weren't planning on implementing RATs and peer assessments, I encourage you to do so--it's a great way to super-energize the classroom.

I am not in Biology so alas don't have any leads for you on cases, but I will keep my eyes/ears open!

-M